Vegan "Mozzarella" Sticks
Total Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
- 3 Tbsp. Nutiva refined coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raw cashews soaked overnight or at least 2 hours
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened Milkadamia Milk
- 3 tsp. Bob’s Red Mill Tapioca Flour
- 1/4 tsp. agar powder
- 1/2 tsp. Redmond Real Salt Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. thyme
- 1/2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Bragg Premium Nutritional Yeast
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil with Buttery Flavor melted
- Dash cayenne (optional)
Line baking tray with baking paper.
In high-speed blender, blend together all cashew “mozzarella” ingredients until smooth. Transfer mixture to prepared baking tray; freeze 1 hour.
Meanwhile, in large bowl, mix together breading ingredients.
Cut “cheese” into 12 separate 3” sticks. If sticks are dry, dip in Milkadamia Milk to wet them. Place each stick into breading, covering generously.
In pan over medium-high heat, heat coconut oil. Working in batches, fry “mozzarella” sticks until golden brown and center is warmed and melty, about 1 to 2 minute each side.
This recipe was originally published on my Vitacost blog. Check out more recipes here.
Use code: EARTHDIET at checkout on Vitacost to save 10% on your next order.
Get recipes directly to your inbox