Vegan Thanksgiving Pot Pie
- 1 packet whole grain gluten-free pastry flour
- 1 can Amy’s organic lentil soup
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp. Nutiva coconut oil with buttery flavor
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, plus additional for greasing
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1/2 tsp. Redmond real salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 lb. mushrooms, sliced in half
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 1 large carrot, diced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and grease six ramekins with olive oil.
- Make pastry by following directions on box. Roll one sheet of pasty over each ramekin, covering bottom and sides of dish, with some overhang. Press down into ramekin and along sides. Leave some pastry for top of each pie once filling is inside.
- In large pot, heat coconut and olive oils. Add onion, garlic and mushrooms and cook 5 minutes, or until mushrooms begin to brown. Add carrots and spices and cook another 5 minutes.
- Add soup and broth and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour filling into each ramekin. Finish by adding a layer of pastry on top of each. Pinch down around top so it sticks to pastry sides. Cut a few slits in top of each pie and brush with olive oil.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until crust is golden and puffy.
This recipe was originally published on my Vitacost blog. Check out more recipes here.
Use code: EARTHDIET at checkout on Vitacost to save 10% on your next order.
Get recipes directly to your inbox