Vegan "Turkey" Loaf
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil, separated
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup Bobs Red Mill Gluten-Free Rolled Oats
- 1 Tbsp. flaxseed meal
- 1/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Flour
- 10 oz. chopped mushrooms
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 1 – 15 oz. can chickpeas
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 tsp. Redmond Real Salt
- 1 tsp. Redmond Garlic Salt
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tsp. fresh rosemary
- 1 tsp. sage
- 1/2 tsp. cumin
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Dash of fennel
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees F. Grease a loaf pan with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- In a pan over medium heat, add remaining tablespoon of oil. Sauté mushrooms, onion and celery for 5-7 minutes until soft.
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients, including sautéed mushroom mixture, until well combined but still chunky. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.
- Press into prepared loaf pan and bake for about 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Serve with vegan gravy and your favorite potatoes.
This recipe was originally published on my Vitacost blog. Check out more recipes here.
Use code: EARTHDIET at checkout on Vitacost to save 10% on your next order.
Get recipes directly to your inbox