Homemade Spaghetti & Grassfed Meatballs
Total time: 25 minutes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 5 large organic tomatoes, chopped into bite-size cubes
- 1 container of Organic cherry tomatoes,halved
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 box gluten free Explore Cuisine Chickpea Spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 pound organic grass-fed ground beef
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 handful of fresh parsley
- 1 handful of broccoli sprouts
Start with making the tomato sauce: Heat oil in a pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté a few minutes, until the onion turns translucent, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes, 1 cup water, tapioca, and spices. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium. Cook for 15 minutes more, stirring occasionally, until you have a tomato sauce. It’ll be all melded together with some chunks and juicy looking. Remove from heat.
Make the chickpea spaghetti: Cook per the box instructions.
Make the meatballs: Heat oil in frying pan over medium heat. Meanwhile, beat the eggs in a bowl and add the ground beef to them. Use your hands to combine the ingredients well, then add the spices and mix again.
- Roll the meat mixture into balls your desired size. Add the meatballs to the frying pan and cook until desired doneness, turning occasionally to brown on all sides.
- Assemble the bowls: Place the pasta in 4 bowls, then divide the meat-balls evenly and top with the tomato sauce. Garnish with fresh parsley and broccoli sprouts!
Baked Feta Pasta - Vegan Version!
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 35 mins
- 7 oz. block vegan feta cheese
- 2 pints (20 oz.) grape tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil with Buttery Flavor or vegan butter
- 1/4 tsp. Redmond Real Salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 5 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 box Explore Cuisine Organic Chickpea Spaghetti, Green Lentil Penne or Red Lentil Penne
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes or more to taste
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 3 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
In baking dish, place feta in center and arrange tomatoes and garlic around it. Season with salt, pepper and spices. Spoon oils over everything. Bake 30 minutes.
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
Remove baking dish and smash together feta, tomatoes and garlic with back of wooden spoon.
Add pasta, red pepper and fresh herbs. Toss and stir together until well combined. (Note: It should be saucy.)
Serve with vegan parmesan or nutritional yeast sprinkled on top, if desired.
This recipe was originally published on my Vitacost blog. Check out more recipes here.
Use code: EARTHDIET at checkout on Vitacost to save 10% on your next order.
Get recipes directly to your inbox