Homemade Spaghetti & Grassfed Meatballs
Total time: 25 minutes
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 5 large organic tomatoes, chopped into bite-size cubes
- 1 container of Organic cherry tomatoes,halved
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 box gluten free Explore Cuisine Chickpea Spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 pound organic grass-fed ground beef
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 handful of fresh parsley
- 1 handful of broccoli sprouts
Start with making the tomato sauce: Heat oil in a pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté a few minutes, until the onion turns translucent, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes, 1 cup water, tapioca, and spices. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium. Cook for 15 minutes more, stirring occasionally, until you have a tomato sauce. It’ll be all melded together with some chunks and juicy looking. Remove from heat.
Make the chickpea spaghetti: Cook per the box instructions.
Make the meatballs: Heat oil in frying pan over medium heat. Meanwhile, beat the eggs in a bowl and add the ground beef to them. Use your hands to combine the ingredients well, then add the spices and mix again.
- Roll the meat mixture into balls your desired size. Add the meatballs to the frying pan and cook until desired doneness, turning occasionally to brown on all sides.
- Assemble the bowls: Place the pasta in 4 bowls, then divide the meat-balls evenly and top with the tomato sauce. Garnish with fresh parsley and broccoli sprouts!
Vegan Chickpea Soft Tacos
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 20 mins
- 2 Tbsp. Nutiva Avocado Oil or vegan butter
- 1 can organic chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 tsp. Redmond Real Salt
- 1/2 tsp. curry powder
- 1/4 red pepper diced
- 1 cup vegan cream cheese
- Small handful chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup chopped spinach
- 4 gluten-free tortilla wraps
- Lemon wedges
- Green onions chopped
- In skillet over medium heat, heat oil and sauté chickpeas, red pepper with garlic with curry powder, paprika and salt, 5-7 minutes.
- In bowl, stir together spinach, parsley and cashew cream cheese.
- On griddle, grill pan or skillet on medium-high heat, heat wraps one at a time 10-15 seconds per side.
- On plates, lay out wraps and spread layer of cream cheese and spinach mixture across center and top with spoonfuls of chickpea mixture.
- Garnish with squeeze of fresh lemon, green onions and sprouts.
This recipe was originally published on my Vitacost blog. Check out more recipes here.
Use code: EARTHDIET at checkout on Vitacost to save 10% on your next order.
Get recipes directly to your inbox