Three Delicious and Healthy Lasanga Recipes from LianaMar 16, 2021
Lasagna is a classic Italian dish that everyone loves. It is easy to make and great for family dinners. Enjoy three different Earth Diet versions of lasagna from my Vitacost blog that are all gluten-free and dairy-free all using Explore Cuisine plant-based lasagna.
1. Liana’s Basic GF Explore Cuisine Lasagna Recipe
*The key to this recipe is the sauce, the lasagna sheets are no boil so need plenty of sauce to cook in. If they don’t have enough sauce it will come out crunchy and dry.
Total time: 45 minutes
- 1 box Explore Cuisine Green Lentil Lasagna
- 1 bag cheese either vegan or dairy
- 1 32 ounce jar of Raos tomato sauce
- 9 x 13 baking tray works best
- 1 cup sauce at bottom
- 4 lasagna sheets
- 1/3 cup plus one tablespoon more sauce
- 2/3 cup cheese
- 4 more lasagna sheets
- 2/3 cup sauce
- 1/3 cup cheese
- 4 sheets
- 2/3 cup sauce
- 1/3 cup cheese
- Cook for 35-40 mins at 400 until noodles are cooked through to your desire. Use a knife to cut through and see.
2. Cauliflower Alfredo & Spinach Pesto Lasagna
total time: 1 hour
Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce:
- 1 Tbsp. Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil with Buttery Flavor
- 2 tsp. crushed garlic
- 1 shallot thinly sliced
- 1 cup Besproud Pea Milk
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. thyme
- 1/4 tsp. oregano
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 pkg. Explore Cuisine Green Lentil Lasagna Sheets
- Nutritional yeast
- Pine nuts
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
In food processor, pulse together pesto ingredients until emulsified.
In medium saucepan over medium heat, sauté garlic and shallot in buttery coconut oil until fragrant and golden.
Stir in milk and vegetable broth. Increase heat and bring to low boil.
In saucepan, add cauliflower florets. Lower heat to medium, cover and cook 10 minutes or until cauliflower is soft.
In blender, combine cauliflower mixture and remaining alfredo ingredients. Blend on high until creamy and smooth.
In square baking dish, spread layer of Alfredo sauce. Over sauce, layer lasagna sheets, Alfredo sauce and pesto sauce until lasagna sheets are all used.
Over final layer of lasagna sheets, spread pesto sauce; sprinkle additional nutritional yeast and pine nuts on top.
Bake 40 minutes, until noodles are cooked through.
3. Lasanga with Walnut "Meat" Sauce
Total time: 1 hour 15 minutes
Vegan “meat” sauce:
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup raw walnuts
- 1/3 cup chili beans such as kidney beans, black beans and/or pinto beans
- 2 Tbsp. SunButter Organic Sunflower Seed Butter
- 1/3 cup chickpeas
- 3 Tbsp. Nutiva Hemp Seeds
- 1 Tbsp. Nutiva Organic Avocado Oil
- 1/2 head cauliflower shredded
- 1-1/2 cups (2.5 oz.) shiitake or baby portobello mushrooms shredded
- 2 carrots peeled and shredded
- 1 small yellow onion peeled and shredded
- 1 small beet shredded
- 3 tsp. garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp. Redmond Real Salt Ancient Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Bragg Liquid Aminos
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
In food processor, combine sundried tomatoes, pumpkin seeds, walnuts, beans, sunflower seed butter, chickpeas and hemp seeds until well combined (small chunks are fine). Set aside.
In large frying pan over medium-high heat, add avocado oil. Cook cauliflower, mushrooms, carrots, onion, beet, garlic, salt and amino acids until moisture has evaporated and vegetables are cooked, about 7 minutes.
Stir in walnut “meat.” Continue cooking 1 minute.
On bottom of baking tray, place 8 tablespoons sauce. Lay lasagna sheets over sauce in single layer; top with 5 tablespoons sauce so noodles are completely covered in layer of sauce. Sprinkle on vegan ground “meat.” Next, add about 1/2 cup cheese and some cherry tomatoes. Repeat step to create second layer.
For the third layer, include only sauce, cheese and cherry tomatoes. Sprinkle fresh basil over top. Bake 35 minutes, until lasagna is cooked through.
You can find most of these ingredients on Vitacost.com. Save 10% with my code: EARTHDIET and receive free shipping on orders over $50.